Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Chuo Sogo Law Office, P.C. (hereinafter “Chuo Sogo”) has adopted the following Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information (hereafter the “Policy”) concerning the handling of client’s Personal Information in connection with the services we provide. Chuo Sogo will comply with the Policy and take appropriate measures to protect the Personal Information.
1. Collecting Personal Information
Chuo Sogo will collect Personal Information in a lawful and fair manner and only to the extent necessary for the following purposes:
- Personal Information of a client (or prospective client) obtained by Chuo Sogo through legal consultation, legal representation and the like for the purpose of handling of legal cases and legal services, conflict checks and other matters necessary for handling legal matters and providing legal services (including prospective matters), public relations concerning Chuo Sogo’s services, and other administrative matters necessary for Chuo Sogo’s providing services.
- Personal Informal obtained from job candidates (including attorneys, staff, interns and others) for the purpose of recruitment and related activities.
- Personal Information received from participants (including legal trainees, those who have passed the bar exam, law students, and law school graduates) in legal training events at Chuo Sogo for the purpose of legal training and related matters.
- Personal Information obtained from applicants or participants in lectures and similar events for the purpose of holding lectures and similar events and public relations relating to Chuo Sogo’s services.
2. Utilization of Personal Information
Chuo Sogo will not, without the agreement of the concerned individual, use any Personal Information it acquires from an individual for any purpose except those set forth above.
3. Restrictions on Disclosure to Third Parties
Chuo Sogo will not provide any Personal Information it has acquired to any third party without the consent of the concerned individual, unless permitted by laws and regulations.
4. Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuance of Personal Information
Chuo Sogo will handle all requests for disclosure, correction, and discontinuance submitted through the responsible individual noted in paragraph 6 of this Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information by an individual from whom Personal Information has been collected in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Please note, however, that Chuo Sogo may not be able to respond to a request if it does not meet the requirements of the Personal Information Protection Law, or if a law or other related legislation provides grounds for refusing the request for disclosure and the like. Further, if the internal administrative processing requires some time, Chuo Sogo may charge the requesting individual for the necessary expenses.
5. Management of Personal Information
Chuo Sogo will take appropriate measures to prevent any loss, destruction, leakage, or manipulation of collected Personal Information and will appropriately supervise its employees and outsource service providers.
Please use the following contact information for any inquiry regarding Chuo Sogo’s Basic Policy on the Protection of Private Information:
Contract Information for Responsible Individual